Advancements in technology now provides the opportunity for every Certified Trainer to be fully trained, at no cost or minimal cost to the District.
Using “GoToMeeting” technology, a 2020 “Club Leadership Education Train the Trainer” session will be developed and delivered by DST Jim Steele and LG Training Coordinator Joanne Murray. The training will be followed by a full evaluation that includes feedback from the participants, to determine the effectiveness of the delivery method for use in the future.
Divisions with small geography require one trainer; divisions with larger geography will determine the number of trainers required to deliver training.
APPOINTMENT OF TRAINERS
Certified Trainer approval is overseen by Kiwanis International. KI approves those to be certified as Certified Trainers based on the candidates’ experience. The term for a Certified Trainers is 3 years. It is important that all Certified Trainers commit to serving their Division for the three years. Trainers need to be trained once in their three-year term, prior to delivering their first session.
A notice will be sent to every Division regarding the current openings for Certified Trainers for the next three-year term to deliver training in 2020,2021 and 2022. Interested members will submit their names and qualifications as outlined by Kiwanis International, to their Lieutenant Governors, who will then forward the list to the District Office. The Job Posting can be found here. Certified Trainer Posting. Description de tâche
- Advertising for new trainers – January 2020
- Due date to apply for Certified Trainer positions – January 31, 2020
- Train the Trainer Sessions – February and/or March 2020 using “GoToMeeting”
- CLE Training to be completed in every Division – June 30, 2020
Using the KI materials and Leadership Guide as the training tool, the Train the Trainer curriculum will include the following topics and methods to deliver the information
- The logistics and timing of CLE training in your Division
- Working with the LG to plan the training for the Division
- How to do an Introduction Ice Breaker
- Messages from the Governor-elect delivered by the LG
- Messages from the Lieutenant Governor
- Responsibilities and Duties of the President
- Duties of the Committee Chair
- Your Club’s Committees
- Duties and Responsibilities of the President-elect and VP
- The Purpose and Structure of the Board of Directors
- The Club Meeting and Agenda
- Induction of New Members
- Club Presidents Planning Conference
- The Annual General Meeting
- Service Leadership Programs (SLP)
- Membership Goal Setting and the use of the District Membership Growth Model
- The Monthly Checklist
- Ordering training materials for your Division from KI
- To support the Lieutenant Governors, Certified Trainers will serve as the Education Lead for their Division, presenting information prepared by the District Education Committee at the Divisions DCMs
Please note: although the qualifications stipulate that you should be a Past Lieutenant Governor to be a Certified Trainer, that is not necessarily the case. Past Presidents who are interested may also apply.
Anyone who is interested should review the qualifications to determine if they have these skills and abilities. The additional commitment that is expected is that Trainers will complete the annual on-line Trainers reports and evaluations following their Training sessions.
Kiwanis Trainer Qualifications:
Applications are being received for Certified Trainers for EC&C. In order to apply to be a Trainer for Club Leadership Education in EC&C candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Must have served as a Club President or higher office.
- Dedicated to the education and training of club leaders, in particular Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers for a 3 year term.
- Attend a Train the Trainer Session.
- Encourage and support the presentation of Education Committee modules and training resources.
- Have a working knowledge and skill with communication and computer technology, including Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Available to deliver Training at Divisional and Regional Caucus and Council meetings.
- Have a strong level of confidence and ability with oral and presentation skills.
- Exhibit an upbeat, positive and friendly attitude towards individuals and the training process.
For those who are interested, please submit your application form as soon as possible.
Joanne Murray LG Training Coordinator