The 2019 Signature Project contest is now open!
We hope your club will submit the best signature project from our district for recognition at the Kiwanis International convention at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. The submission deadline is 12 a.m. EST on February 25th, 2019.
As in past years, each participating district will hold its own selection process to decide which club project to submit. Please do not make no submission directly to Kiwanis International. You are to submit your project information along with attachments and supporting documents to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will prevent the problem of multiple submissions from our district. Please see attached the 2019 submission instructions which will assist you in preparing your submission. Answer all questions and include supporting documents.
A definition of signature projects and their criteria is also available online. Ultimately, a signature project is a recurring vivid demonstration of a Kiwanis club’s impact in its community. It can be anything from playground construction and park cleanup to festivals and fundraisers.
Examples of past winners include the Down Syndrome Foundation-National Centre in Kuala Lumpur in the Malaysia District; the Kiwanis Special Games hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Los Altos in the California-Nevada-Hawaii District and a book project sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Varese in the Italy-San Marino District. Also, for your reference our district submission 2018 won by The Kiwanis Club of Downtown Kingston; Norman and Cecile Jarrett Literacy Improvement Program made the top 10 Kiwanis International selection last year in Las Vegas. All the winners and finalists from the contests in 2017 and 2018 are archived online. The contest gives Kiwanis – and clubs and districts – an opportunity to showcase a project that makes a difference in the community while providing ideas and inspiration to other clubs.
Here’s an overview of the contest’s submission process:
- Submissions must be made by 12 a.m. EST on Monday, February 25, 2019. Any submissions after the deadline will not be advanced to the judges.
- The top three district winners will be selected by the committee.
- One district winner will be selected from those three and advanced to the Kiwanis International’s Committee.
- The top three district winners will be announced prior to the District Convention in Stratford, May 16th-19th, 2019 and each will be presented with an award at convention.
KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL LEVEL:
- Kiwanis International will announce ten finalists before early convention registration ends, giving every winner an opportunity to attend the 2019 Kiwanis International Convention at the reduced rate. All top 10 finalists will receive a certificate.
- The top three winners (gold, silver and bronze) will then be selected by the committee and three additional judges who represent Kiwanis International’s partner affiliates. The gold, silver and bronze prize winners will be announced at a luncheon on July 27 at convention and at the closing session of the Kiwanis International convention on Saturday, June 29. The gold, silver and bronze winners receive a plaque.
If you have questions about the submission process please email email@example.com or call Impact Committee Chairperson Christine King at +1–242-427‑0701. Kiwanis International has prepared 31 example questions for you to consider when making your submission. You can download them here.
We look forward to all the submissions! Thank you for participating. We’ll see you at Stratford.