Club Certified Trainers
To all concerned with the Certification of Club Leadership Education Trainers:
We are about to move forward in another Kiwanis year of Training for Club Leaders, now known as Club Leadership Education. Our existing Trainers have now served for the past three years and as per Kiwanis International guidelines, we must renew our Certified Trainers.
All past Certified Trainers must renew their qualifications by applying to KI using the attached form. Trainers are expected to make a 3 year commitment to this important role. Secondly Trainers are expected to attend our EC&C District Convention. During our Hamilton Convention, on Thursday, May 12, (at 2:00 pm) we will be holding a Train the Trainer Refresher course.
Please note: although the qualifications stipulate that you must be a Past Lieutenant Governor to be a Certified Trainer, that is not necessarily the case. Past Presidents who are interested may also apply.
Anyone who is interested should review the qualifications to determine if they have these skills and abilities. The additional commitment that is expected is that Trainers will complete the annual on-line Trainers reports and evaluations following their Training sessions.
Kiwanis Trainer Qualifications: Please see our Application Form.
Applications are being received for Certified Trainers for EC&C. In order to apply to be a Trainer for Club Leadership Education in EC&C candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Must have served as a Club President or higher office.
- Dedicated to the education and training of club leaders, in particular Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers for a 3 year term.
- Attend a Train the Trainer Session.
- Encourage and support the presentation of Education Committee modules and training resources.
- Have a working knowledge and skill with communication and computer technology, including Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Available to deliver Training at Divisional and Regional Caucus and Council meetings.
- Have a strong level of confidence and ability with oral and presentation skills.
- Exhibit an upbeat, positive and friendly attitude towards individuals and the training process.
The selection process for Trainers who apply will be done by KI. Certified Trainers are needed in all Divisions or Regions throughout the EC&C District. It is not to be assumed that past Trainer will be necessarily be asked to continue. Some have indicated that they are not able to renew their commitment to 3 years of training. Selection will be made on merit and qualifications as well as experience.
For those who are interested, please submit your application form as soon as possible.
I look forward to renewing relationships with many past Trainers and many new ones as well.
Master Trainer EC&C